Please note that any content posted by you onto the Site, including but not limited to reviews, photos, videos, questions, or profile updates, becomes published content and is publicly available for anyone in the world to view. ConnectYou.Mewill display this content on the Site and may distribute it through other third-party sites and services in its sole discretion.
Information ConnectYou.Me Collects
Information ConnectYou.Me receives from you:
- You provide us with personal information when you register on the Site. This information may include: first and last name, geographic location, email address username and password.
- You may also provide us with your personal information when you voluntarily fill in forms on our Site. For example, you may provide us with your first and last name, telephone number, email address and desired treatment when you fill out a form to be connected to a health care provider.
- When you purchase advertising placement or other paid products or services within the Site, you may provide us with your first and last name, email address and telephone number in order to process your payment. As explained below, we use a third-party payment processor to process the payments on our behalf and we never have access to, store or collect your payment card details.
- You may also provide us with personal information when you update your account or through your participation in asking health care providers questions on the Site.
- You may also provide ConnectYou.Me with personal information in order to participate in various activities on the Site such as entering giveaways or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists or completing a form related to one of our products or services.
- You may provide personal information through communications or chats with other users on the Site. You understand that other users may contact you through direct messages and comments on the Site. Any messages that you send to other users through the Site may not be private or confidential if either you or the recipient of the message discloses it to another person or chooses to publicly post it. In addition, ConnectYou.Me may monitor these messages and not deliver the message if ConnectYou.Me, in its sole discretion, believes the messages are spam, fraudulent or otherwise violate the ConnectYou.Me Terms of Service or Code of Conduct.
- You may also provide us with your personal information when you report a problem with our Site.
- You also provide ConnectYou.Me with your information when you use certain features on the Site, such as submitting reviews, comments, questions and other postings on the Site (“User Contributions”). You understand that your User Contributions are published or displayed on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties. Your username (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you post User Contributions to the Site. If you use your first or last name as part of your username or your username is discoverable on the internet, then you are making this personal information publicly available and understand that other users may view this personal information and may be able to identify you from this personal information. ConnectYou.Me cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with respect to your User Contributions.
Information ConnectYou.Me collects automatically:
- Log File Information.When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages and the date and time of your requests. ConnectYou.Me collects this information in order to improve the Site.
- Location Information and Device Information.When you access the Site from a mobile device or tablet, ConnectYou.Me may be able to collect your location information if this feature is enabled on your mobile device or tablet. In addition, if you are accessing the Site from your computer, then ConnectYou.Me may be able to collect your general location information from your IP address. ConnectYou.Me may use this information to provide you with a personalized user experience by showing you content relevant for your geographic location. If you are accessing the Site through a mobile device or tablet and you do not want to share your precise geolocation information with ConnectYou.Me, then you may be able to turn off this feature on your mobile device or tablet. ConnectYou.Me may also collect information it receives from your devices when you access the Site including: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
Information ConnectYou.Me receives from other sources:
- Me may also receive personal information about you from third parties, for example, our business partners.
How ConnectYou.Me Uses Information
ConnectYou.Me uses the information, including personal information, that we collect about you or that you provide to us for a range of different business purposes. We use your personal information to track usage of the Site, to market the Site, to improve the Site features and functionality, to back-up our systems and to provide customer support. Our legal basis for processing your personal information is to carry out our legal obligations, to fulfill a contract with you, to protect your vital interests, for our legitimate business interests, to provide you with notices, and for other purposes with your consent.
We use your personal information:
- To provide our Site and its contents to you
- To provide customer support, including responding to your requests and contacting you about the requests
- To provide other services requested by you such as to connect you to other users or health care providers on the Site. If you send direct messages or electronic messages through ConnectYou.Me to other users, please note that ConnectYou.Me may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you or the recipient of the message to manage them. When contacting you to connect you to health care providers on the Site, ConnectYou.Me may contact you via email, SMS/text messages or by telephone. Message and data rates may apply
- To monitor the usage of our Site, improve the quality and design of the Site, and create new features, functionality, and services
- To investigate illegal activities on the Site or activities that violate our Terms of Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues, and improve the security of our Site
- To validate the authenticity of and display the reviews and other content provided by you to other users
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site
- To customize advertising, you may see on our Site
- To contact you by email in order to offer you special promotions or poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires
- To contact you by email or through your account to notify you of major Site changes
- To measure the performance of email marketing campaigns
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site
- To fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it
With your consent, which you may withdraw at any time, ConnectYou.Me also uses your personal information:
- To send commercial or marketing messages
- To provide you with a personalized user experience by showing you content relevant for your geographic location
- To customize advertising, you may see on third party websites
- To provide you with marketing from third parties
- For any other purpose, with your consent
When ConnectYou.Me Discloses Information
Third Party Service Providers
- We do share anonymous aggregated user data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Site.
- We do allow the display of User Contributions available through the Site by our third-party partners.
Fulfill Your Requests
- We will use your personal information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you submit your first and last name, email address, telephone number, treatment desired and questions or comments through a form on a specific health care provider’s profile page, then ConnectYou.Me will disclose this information to the health care provider identified on the form. In addition, if you submit your mobile phone number through this form, then you understand and consent to ConnectYou.Me and/or the health care provider sending you text messages. You understand that standard text messaging fees and data rates may apply. The information you provide through this form is not used by ConnectYou.Me for any other purpose.
- We do not share your personal information (such as name or email address) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
Legal Requests and to Comply with State and Federal Laws
- We may disclose personal information if such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to comply with state and federal laws or to respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant. ConnectYou.Me may disclose any of your messages or other content as part of investigations into the use and operation of the Site.
- Me also reserves the right to disclose personal information that ConnectYou.Me believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to protect the security or integrity of the Site, and to protect the vital interests, property, or personal safety of ConnectYou.Me, our users or others.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that ConnectYou.Me is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred, or used.
ConnectYou.Me strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us, and we understand that you have rights in your personal information such as: the right to access, correct, delete, object to and restrict the use of your personal information. We also understand that you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information from us and to withdraw your consent of the processing of your personal information by us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
- You can choose not to provide personal information through our Site, in which case ConnectYou.Me may not be able to provide certain services to you or respond to your requests.
- You can access, review and change your personal information by logging into your account on the Site and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email using our Contact Form to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
- If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by us to promote our Site or other products or services, you can opt-out at any time by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request using our Contact Form. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe to receive future emails via the unsubscribe link in that email.
- You may also request a copy of your personal information that you have provided to us directly by sending an email to our Contact Form. We will provide you a copy of your personal information in a commonly used electronic form.
- You may also close your account by emailing Community Support here. ConnectYou.Me will disassociate your User Contributions from your account. However, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Site users. In addition, ConnectYou.Me will continue to retain certain information about you in accordance with the privacy practices in this policy or if required to do so as a result of a legal obligation.
- If you wish to know what personal information, we hold about you, and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at privacy@ConnectYou.Me.com.
In order to fulfill the above requests, ConnectYou.Me may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Further, your right to access your personal information may not apply in some cases, including where providing access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances or where it would violate the rights of someone other than the individual requesting access.
If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements, for analytics or remarketing services, then you may opt-out as described below.
- Me currently uses Google AdWords, which is a remarketing service provided by Google. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads settings page at: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. In addition, Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for your web browser, which is available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This tool provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
Our Commitment to Data Security
ConnectYou.Me uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. For example, to protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, ConnectYou.Me makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your information. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If ConnectYou.Me learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. ConnectYou.Me may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using our Contact Page.
Protecting the privacy of children is important to ConnectYou.Me. For that reason, ConnectYou.Me does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If ConnectYou.Me learns that personal information of persons under 18 years of age has been collected without verified parental consent, then ConnectYou.Me will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Visiting ConnectYou.Me from outside the United States
Retention of Personal Information
California Privacy Rights for California Residents.
California residents may request certain information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by ConnectYou.Me to third parties for direct marketing purposes. As noted above, ConnectYou.Me does not disclose your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes unless you have first agreed to such disclosure. However, if you would like to make such a request, then please contact ConnectYou.Me by using our Contact Page.
Call Monitoring and Recording
Telephone calls to or from ConnectYou.Me may be recorded and monitored by us. ConnectYou.Me records and monitors telephone calls for user support services and for staff training purposes. ConnectYou.Me retains the recordings for a reasonable period of time in order to fulfill the purpose for which the telephone calls were recorded and then the recordings are deleted.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
ConnectYou.Me currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals because there is not an industry or legal standard for such signals.
ConnectYou.Me does not use any personal information provided by you for the purposes of automated decision-making.
Links to Other Sites
How You Can Contact Us
Your right to file a complaint with a data supervisory authority about our privacy practices remains unaffected.
This policy is effective as of: May 21, 2019.
When you use the ConnectYou.Me websites (“Site”) or mobile application (“App”) certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns may be collected by ConnectYou.Me using cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. ConnectYou.Me uses these technologies to provide you with a secure, personalized, and more relevant experience on the Site and App as well as to continually improve our Site and App.
Below we list the cookies and web beacons we use, and why we use them as well as explain how you can manage and delete cookies.
2. What are cookies and web beacons?
- Cookies are small text files that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely (but anonymously) identify your browser or device. A cookie contains a unique number, which is used to recognize your computer or mobile device when you return to our website and remember your preferences and actions. Cookies cannot search your computer in any way or introduce viruses.
- Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) are small electronic files contained on pages of websites that permit companies to count users who have visited certain webpages on a website or mobile application and are used for other related statistics and analytics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
3. What type of information does ConnectYou.Me collect through cookies?
The type of information that ConnectYou.Me collects through cookies, web beacons and tracking technologies may include information about your computer, device, and browser, including your browser type, browser language, IP address, advertising ID, referring URLs, and actions taken by you on our Site or App, including referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages and the date and time of your requests. Through these technologies, ConnectYou.Me may also collect information from your devices when you access the Site or App, including Device ID or unique identifier, device type and unique device token.
5. What types of cookies does ConnectYou.Me use?
5.1 First and third-party cookies
- First-party cookies are cookies that are served directly by ConnectYou.Me to your computer. They are used only by ConnectYou.Me to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits the Site or App.
- Third-party cookies are served by a third-party service provider on behalf of ConnectYou.Me and can be used by the third-party service provider to recognize your computer or mobile device when you visit other websites. Third-party cookies are most commonly used for analytics or advertising purposes.
5.2 Type of cookies used by ConnectYou.Me
ConnectYou.Me uses different cookies for a variety of reasons as explained in detail below.
- ConnectYou.Me uses essential cookies in order to operate the Site and App, including enabling you to use the ConnectYou.Me product features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas. We also use essential cookies to enable and support our security features.
- ConnectYou.Me uses functionality cookies and web beacons to remember how you’re logged in, whether you updated a review or added a comment, when you logged in or out and the history of the tools you have used on the Site and App, and topics you have recently visited. Functionality cookies allow ConnectYou.Me to tailor the Site and App to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you have customized the Site or App in other ways. The information collected by functionality cookies and web beacons may be anonymous.
- Performance/Analytics. Performance cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies collect information about how you have used the Site or App and may be used to allow ConnectYou.Me to know that you have logged in so that ConnectYou.Me can provide you with refreshed content. In addition, these cookies and web beacons are used for analytics purposes, including by ConnectYou.Me to track aggregate Site and App usage and experiment with new features and changes to enhance your experience on the Site and App.
- Advertising or Targeting. ConnectYou.Me may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver advertisements and content that is relevant to your interests. These cookies and web beacons can remember that your computer or mobile device has visited our Site or App and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than ConnectYou.Me. This information may be shared with organizations outside of ConnectYou.Me, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
5.3 Third-Party Cookies Used by ConnectYou.Me
Below are some of the third-party service providers that currently place analytics, advertising and social networking cookies within the Site or App. The table is subject to change at any time and does not necessarily include all third-party service providers used by ConnectYou.Me at any given time.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, see https://policies.google.com/privacy.
We use Crazy Egg to analyze the use of our website. For more information about Crazy Egg’s privacy practices, see https://www.crazyegg.com/privacy.
We use Optimizely to optimize page content on our website. For more information about opting-out of Optimizely’s cookies, see https://www.optimizely.com/legal/opt-out/.
We use New Relic to analyze web page performance. For more information about New Relic’s privacy practices, please see: https://newrelic.com/termsandconditions/privacy.
We use Microsoft Analytics to analyze the use of our website. For more information about Microsoft’s privacy notices, please see: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement.
We use Doubleclick to help us target ads to you on other websites and to track how you use the Site or App. For more information about opting out of the ads, see: https://adssettings.google.com/u/0/authenticated.
We use Sailthru for email campaign personalization. For more information about Sailthru’s privacy practices, please see: https://www.sailthru.com/legal/privacy-statement/.
We use Facebook to help us target ads to you and to track advertisements and website visits from our advertisements displayed on Facebook. For more information about Facebook’s privacy practices, please see: https://www.facebook.com/help/www/213802165366955.
We use Facebook’s social plugin to enable our users to sign in to the Site or App using your Facebook account. For more information about Facebook’s social plugin, please see: https://www.facebook.com/help/www/443483272359009.
6. How long will cookies stay on my device?
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. ConnectYou.Me uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
7. Do Not Track
California law requires ConnectYou.Me to advise you of its position on Do Not Track signals. At this time, ConnectYou.Me does not respond to DNT signals because there is not an industry or legal standard for responding to these signals.
8. How to control and delete cookies?
It is your choice as to whether or not to accept cookies. Most browsers allow you to configure the browser settings so that cookies from websites cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies and we have explained how you can exercise this right below. However, please note that if you choose to not accept cookies, then you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site or App. In addition, you may not be able to opt out of receiving essential cookies.
You can block cookies by using the opt-out links provided in the table above, or by changing your browser settings so that cookies from the Site or App cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. For more information about blocking or deleting cookies in your browser settings, please visit the following links:
For any other browsers, please consult the documentation of the browser manufacturer.
In addition, if you want to opt out of advertising and targeting cookies, then you can learn more about how to do so by going to the Your Online Choices page, the Network Advertising Initiative page, or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice page. Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or device and how to manage and delete them, is available at www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
9. Contact us
If you are located in the European Economic Area, the entity responsible for the collection and processing of personal data in connection with the Site and App is ConnectYou.Me (U.S.)